But I'm going to post my little rant anyway. It's my journal.
Here are the chronological events of the day that are funny, in retrospect, but the day isn't over yet.
- I wore odd trouser socks to work. One navy and one black.
- After spending thirty minutes at the copy machine this morning, I finished the job with an offset stack of collated material (5 sets of pages 1-20). On the way to my office I thought to myself, "Watch me drop this." A fraction of a section passed and I tripped on a buckle in the moldy, old, stinking carpet and the whole job flew out of my hands, flittering and fluttering here and there. I just whistled a happy tune, held my head up high, and cleared the mess. I hid it in my shred pile. At 4 cents a copy, I didn't even care! The college needs to replace the darn carpet.
- Around 10am, I took a short break and stood outside to witness a dozen BLUEBIRDS in the field adjacent to the parking lot. Oh, boy! I tip-toed fast (like they might hear me...chuckle!) back into my office to grab the camera. Ran out to see them. Gone. Later in the day I took my camera out again and there was not one peep, song, chirp to be heard. Not a bird in sight.
- While driving home I made a mental note to stop for gas as I was driving on fumes. Of course, I drove right past the gas station and pulled into my garage to see "idiot light" blinking at me. Stupid is as stupid does.
- Changing out of my office clothes, I threw open the clothes hamper to find it full. Didn't I just wash and put away two loads on Tuesday? Is there no end to this? There are only two adults living in this house, for goodness sakes! I sorted them AGAIN. Two loads in progress.
- Washing my hands at the bathroom sink I noticed a very dark scalp. How can your roots grow 1/2 inch in one day? It's hideous!
- Scanning the house...dust. Dust everywhere. I didn't notice it yesterday.
- I go onto the front porch and see the plants have wilted in the hanging baskets.
- Kids are shooting hoops across the street, wearing shorts and t-shirts. Something is wrong with this picture. It's January.
- I swing open the dishwasher and it's full of clean stuff. It never ends...
- Since Michael is in VA tonight, I have trash duty. The clouds were heavy and thick so I hurried outside to do poop patrol with Chloe & Bella. Camera around my neck. I see a Carolina Wren near the feeder! I drop my poop-patroling equipment, power the camera, then Bella runs near the sighting with her stupid hula hoop. Another bird, gone.
- I step in poop.
- I curse.
- Feeling very irritated now, I look at the feeder loaded with fat-bellied mourning doves who are sucking up the food like it's their last supper. From sunrise to sunset, they freeload. I felt like throwing my Weight Watchers manual at them.
After all of this, there are two good things I am happy about today. Thank you, God.
We have about ten young Camellia Jarponicas along the back of our house. They are starting to burst with color. I have never had flowers in winter other than pansies. I'm so glad I was able to get this photo in after sunset.
My Stoke's Field Guide came in the mail today. Yeah! I love the color illustrations but why did they have have to put the "stinker" on the front cover?
Gotta get my roots done now.