Thursday, June 21, 2007

The longest day of the year

It's officially summer! And, yes, it has been a long day. I didn't go to work. I watched, and in a very small way, took part in the reconstruction of my pond. The contractor was excellent!

The sun was blazing hot and I am sunburned, smell of sweat and pond sludge and algae, so I think I'll shower now...

I can't wait to show what took place today. I'll tell tomorrow and catch up with everyone's blog, too.

Okay, here are two photos from the day:



100_5335



It's a good thing that we have a wide gate to the yard. The pond was drained and the hose sprung a leak. A mess.



100_5336



The only visitor I've seen at the hummingbird feeders since Tuesday was this guy. I have been pouting about it. Around 5:00 p.m., I saw a lady hummer visit. She made my day!
I smell badly. Off to the shower...

8 comments:

KGMom said...

Ahhh nothing like a shower when you are all done sweating in the hot sun.
Can't wait to see the results of the pond fixing.

Jess Riley said...

I love garden photos! I just put some of my own up. Looking forward to seeing more shots of the progress!

I've had a hummingbird ONCE at my house in 6 years. I'm praying for a pass-through this fall.

Chrissie said...

Oh, I hope you are not too sore! Looking forward to all those pond pics :-) Stay in the shade today :-)

Jayne said...

Can't wait to see it Mary!

Anonymous said...

it was a long day for sure! With or without the sun out! Happy first day of summer!

Q said...

Dear Mary,
A Solstice Hummingbird treat!
She will be bringing babies soon!
Big work going on at your house!
How very exciting. Pond redo!
Stay cool!!!
Lots of water.
Sherry

Dorothy said...

Oh how exciting Mary! I can't wait to see more pictures of the pond rehab!!!
I hope you were able to take today off too!!!

Susie said...

Can't wait to see what you've done with the pond. We were just talking yesterday that ours needs a reworking too!
xo