I found this in Hasty Brook's blog today. It's fun to learn others' traditions and treasures during the Christmas season! Please join.
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate with...Peppermint Schnapps :)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? All wrapped in shiny foil and ribbons.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All white, but I'm longing to go back to colors again!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? We wash windows Thanksgiving weekend, then decorate the first weekend in December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ham and deviled eggs. LOL!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? A few: Relatives singing in harmony while my Dad played the piano...it was snowing on that Christmas day. Mom hanging icicles on the tree, one by one. With my brother, listening to "The Night the Animals Talked" on the "hi-fi" stereo next to the Christmas tree, our eyes wide with wonder.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember! But by the time the truth was told to me, I already knew it for a long time. I guess I was seven or eight years old.
9. Do you open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Always Christmas morning, at the crack of dawn, in our pajamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? By myself because I am too particular about it. I have two trees - one decorated in silver and gold, and the other with many ornaments that have memories attached.
11. Snow- Love it or dread it? Love it and miss it very much. Missing it, meaning, seeing it fall. The rest is totally irritating.
12. Can you ice skate? Not at all! I freeze, get all tense, and fall. Can't even roller skate. But I absolutely love to watch figure skating on TV.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? (as a child) It was a pink Barbie watch. I remember being afraid to touch it - it was so beautiful.
14. What's the most exciting thing about the holidays for you? The preparation, although I admit suffering from stress during this time. For the most part, women make it all happen! I do enjoy my husband's shopping sprees and his gift-giving for disadvantaged children. Seeing my daughter give gifts and receive them. Seeing my dogs gaze at their stockings, hung by the fireplace with care...and, celebrating the greatest birth.
15. What is your favorite holiday desert? Sugar cookies, decorated, thin and crispy, that melt in your mouth.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? With the loss of our parents and our move a few states away, we are now making our own traditions. This year, we are going south of the city to see a Christmas light extravaganza. We are keeping the Italian "ravioli" tradition on Christmas Day.
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer- giving or receiving? Both! I'm a girl for goodness sakes, and easy to please! I love giving to little children more than anything.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? There are many but I love "Oh Holy Night" and "Silver and Gold".
20. Candy canes? In hot chocolate, with a shot of...Peppermint Schnapps!
21. I'm adding this question: What is your favorite Christmas movie? I have four: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, A Christmas Carol (in b&w with old Ebenezer Scrooge), and Prancer.
a return Visit
7 months ago