Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Change of Heart

The old man who owns Zina had a change of heart after his automobile accident on Friday night. He wants her back. If he has another change of heart, I am first on the adoption list.

Strangely, after being too wary for a few days, I was having a change of heart and was just beginning to look forward to meeting Zina and welcoming her into our family.

Now I'll be thinking of her being alone on sub-freezing nights instead of being snuggled under the covers next to another warm body.

What a bummer. I guess everything happens for a reason.

Jane always makes me feel better...Thanks, Jane!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure am glad I'm good for something LOL! Don't worry kiddo, if you were meant to have her she still might be coming your way and if not there is another BT out there just waiting for you to find her. I really do believe that and knowing what a huge heart you have I can almost feel you worrying about that little dog being outside in the cold. Don't fret, if she is 5 years old and has been living under those conditions this long she really does not know what she is missing sleeping in your home. Who knows she might be more stressed being with your dogs since she really isn't used to being with others. So don't worry, she will be fine and so will you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

All things happen for a reason, my new saying, 'And so it goes', ginger is a case in point. You will find another dog if that is what you want!!!