My feet hurt, but that's OK! Preparing a Thanksgiving feast for four people takes as much time as preparing one for ten, but today was glorious and I'm not complaining. After a few days of frigid rain and gloom, I woke up this morning to a glorious blue sky and warm sun. The heat from the oven made me open windows to let the breezes move the aromas inside and out of the house.
Gina, Billy, and Mr. Biggins came for dinner and everyone was lighthearted and satisfied. Michael became over-protective of the turkey carving but that is to be expected! I wish I had taken more photos. I did capture one moment,
Bella and Chloe sat in the kitchen and were under my feet for hours today. Watching my every move near the oven and salivating... This is Bella, completely exhausted...waiting...to play with Mr. Biggins and a taste of a few slices of moist turkey breast. The aroma in our house was too much for the Boston Terriers to bear! They were treated very well when the dinner bell rang.
Personally, I'm thankful for -
- Our move to Charlotte being a good decision.
- I can almost run now, after ankle surgery!
- I am attending Weight Watchers and hope for good results.
- Gina and Billy's move to Charlotte from Wilmington, NC provided them with good jobs and a positive outlook on their futures.
- Michael and I are healthy and content.
- I found employment in Charlotte within a few months.
- We are happy in our jobs.
- My Mom is finally resting in peace after a very long struggle.
- My Dad is getting the care he needs in a new home.
- I have made new friendships this year and nurtured some long-lasting ones from a distance.
- Through blogging, I have met terrific and interesting people who have generously welcomed me into their lives and offered so many different dimensions into every day.
- I am just thankful for the beauty that surrounds me.